ONLINE REGISTRATION OF BIRTH OF CHILDREN FOR INDIAN CITIZENSHIP
It has been made mandatory by Government of India for registering online the birth of a child as an Indian citizen. For detail information applicants are requested to visit the website of Ministry of Home Affairs http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in
PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION OF BIRTH
In order to register the birth of a child born within the consular jurisdiction of the Embassy of India, Panama -which covers whole of Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua - as an Indian citizen, the application must be made online as mentioned below.
3. The applicant after accessing the above mentioned website shall select one from the list of Section/Form (For Registration of birth of a minor child at an Indian Consulate under Section 4(1) of the citizenship act, 1955)
4) Click ‘Apply Online’ button to fill up the form.
i) Each online application form is meant for one person only. Separate application has to be filed for each applicant.
ii) The online form should be filled in Block/Capital letters.
iii) Furnish information exactly in the manner asked for in the forms, especially the names, address and date of birth.
iv) Application details are to be verified before submission online.
v) Once the online application form is submitted by the applicant, then further modifications are not allowed. Hence applicants are requested to check and validate the details before submitting the online application form.
vi) After filing all the details in the online application form, the form is saved and submitted to the Embassy of India, Panama.
5) As soon as the form is submitted, a MHA File number will be generated automatically and will appear on the screen as an acknowledgement. The applicants are advised to keep the MHA File Number for further correspondence and online status tracking.
6) Applicant has to take the print out of filled up online application by clicking the Print application tab from the main menu.
7) After clicking on Print application tab from the main menu the applicant has to enter his/her MHA File Number and date of Birth as an identity to access the submitted application. A PDF application form shall be displayed with an option of pasting applicant’s recent passport size photograph as per specification at Link http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/Ic_Form_Public.aspx
Recent passport size photograph of the applicant is to be affixed on each form in the prescribed space. Photograph to be affixed on the application should be of square shape of size not less than 35x35 mm (with 80% coverage by face). It should have light colour background (not white) without border with front view of person’s head and shoulders showing the full face in the middle of the photograph. It should not be stapled and should not have any signature. Photographs that do not conform to these standards will be rejected and may cause a delay in processing the applications.
8)The applicant shall take the print out of the application submitted by them. He/ she is required to put his Signature/Thumb impression at the designated signature box.
* A person who has not attained the age of 18 years is considered as minor. Parents /guardians must sign in the column prescribed for them in the form.
9) The signed hard copy of the online application along with requisite supporting documents for grant of citizenship is to be submitted in triplicate to the Embassy of India, Panama.
The Embassy of India, Panama will validate and upload the scanned copy of the documents enclosed with the application form.
10) If the application is made within one year of birth of child as per above-mentioned process and subject to completing the eligibility criteria as per Ministry of Home Affairs regulation, the Embassy shall do the birth registration and provide the Indian citizenship.
In case, the application is made after one year of birth of child, the process is same, however applications will be forwarded to Ministry of Home Affairs for their approval. Thereafter, on receipt of approval of Ministry of Home Affairs, the Embassy will register the birth of the child as an Indian citizen.
11. The eligibility criteria and required documents to apply for registration of Birth of Minor child under section 4(1) of the Citizenship Act 1955, the following documents are to be annexed with the application alongwith original passports, copy of cedula/resident permit and prescribed fee (pls see consular fee schedule under passport and miscellaneous services):
i) A Copy of the birth certficate of the child
ii) A copy of the Indian Passport of both the parents
iii) A copy of the certificate of Indian citizenship if acquired by registration/naturalization
iv) A copy of the marriage certificate of the parents
v) A declaration that the minor child does not hold the passport of any other country.
Note: The applicants are advised to go through the provisions of India Citizenship Act, 1955 and the rulesframed there under before submitting the application for grant of Indian Citizenship.
All local documents including Birth, marriage certificates originated in Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua are required to be duly authenticated/certified by the Ministry of External Relations (Foreign Affairs) of the respective country.
Indian nationals in Cost Rica and Nicaragua may send duly filled in completed applications to Embassy of India, Panama for the above service by courier( with arrangements made for delivery and collection of documents directly with the courier company concerned). Fee may be paid by International bank draft in favour of Embassy of India, Panama.There is additional charge of US$20 towards bank draft apart from prescribed consular fee.